I read pretty much anything, from fantasy (City of Stairs by Robert Jackson Bennett) to romance (Bared to You by Sylvia Day) to classics (Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad). The only genres I don't read are self-help and comic books/graphic novels.
Everyone's been posting their monthly reading totals and the books they plan to read for the coming month. I can't really post my intended reading for a month because I don't really plan what I'm going to read month to month, I just have an overall lifetime goal of what I want to read before I die and then I pick up what catches my eye at the library, but I can post about what I read over the past month. So here goes...
I read ten books in September:
1. The J.M. Barrie Ladies' Swimming Society by Barbara J. Zitwer reviewed here
2. Nauti Enchantress (Nauti, #9, Nauti Girls, #2) by Lora Leigh reviewed here
3. T2: Infiltrator (T2, #1) by S.M. Stirling reviewed here
4. If on a Winter's Night a Traveller by Italo Calvino reviewed here
5. T2: Rising Storm (T2, #2) by S.M. Stirling reviewed here
6. The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3) by Richelle Mead reviewed here
7. Nauti Deceptions (Nauti, #5) by Lora Leigh reviewed here
8. The Four Last Things (Roth, #1) by Andrew Taylor reviewed here
9. The Judgement of Strangers (Roth, #2) by Andrew Taylor reviewed here
10. The House of the Four Winds (One Dozen Daughters, #1) by Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory reviewed here
That's a total of 3358 pages in 30 days, which is a little over 111 pages per day. Since this is the first time I've tallied my total pages for a month, I have no idea whether this is high, low or average for me. As I'm sure you're all as fascinated by these statistics as I am I'll get back to you with this years' monthly totals later today (I gotta go mop the floor :(.