sarahf1984

Complete Works of William Shakespeare
William Shakespeare

Murder of Crows (The Others, #2) by Anne Bishop

Murder of Crows - Anne Bishop

13/1 - Very, very nearly as good as Written in Red! 4.75 stars. It was just the slight loss of focus on Meg, Simon and the rest of the Courtyard inhabitants that lost the book that partial point. I LOVE Simon and Meg and all the Courtyard characters and every time the plot dragged me away from them to look in on the Controller or one of the stupid human attackers I would get a little annoyed and feel the need to skip that chapter so I could get back to the Courtyard. I understand that the story wouldn't have gone anywhere without those non-Courtyard characters, but that's like saying I understand I can't spend the rest of my life eating good fettuccine carbonara, that doesn't mean I don't yearn to with every fibre of my being (no matter how illogical that yearning might be). All I want is a never-ending series where the Terre Indigene of the Courtyard spend they're days looking after Meg, she unconsciously does nice things for them which endear her to them more every day, and she and Simon continue to slowly fall in love. I don't need all the excitement of impending doom coming Meg's way, although I do admit that really keeps the pages turning, especially when there's a cliffhanger at the end of a chapter so you have to read the next chapter so that you can find out the resolution to that cliffhanger in the chapter after that. It warmed my heart every time one of the Crows or the Seasons called her 'our Meg', they just made me want to go "Aww." all the time. I cannot wait for the next book!

PopSugar 2015 Reading Challenge: A Book with Non-Human Characters