sarahf1984

Complete Works of William Shakespeare
William Shakespeare

Revenant by Carolyn Haines

Revenant - Carolyn Haines

8/5 - A pretty decent thriller featuring a newspaper reporter who is abusing alcohol in an attempt to cope with the murder of her daughter. Carson's work covering the unearthing of five skeletons in the local casino parking lot finally begins to bring her out of the pit that her grief and alcoholism has left her in only to put her in more immediate danger as she gets closer to the identity of the killer.

For the most part I thought this was good, except for the explanation of the killer's motives which I felt was weak. My first thought upon reading the explanation was "Did she do her research by watching Criminal Minds?". Like a number of other reviewers I feel like there was space for a sequel, the ending certainly seemed to imply there would be one.