sarahf1984

Progress: 100/346 pages
Complete Works of William Shakespeare
William Shakespeare

My May Reading

Surgery and a loss of my reading mojo seriously effected April's reading total, so I'm not going to bother writing a post that features three books, one of which I forgot to review at the time and then forgot the plot of by the time I got around to writing about it, the second I remembered the plot but not enough to make a normal 'Sarah' review with updates as I read, the third I didn't even finish the book.  None of that seems worth writing or reading about and neither are the corresponding reviews.  The book I didn't finish I will be going back and rereading, the book that I wanted to write a 'Sarah' review for I will be going back and rereading, the book that I forgot the plot for I may re-borrow so I can skim it and remind myself of exactly why it was so unmemorable.  Therefore, April was a wash for me reading and reviewing-wise and not worth remembering.

On to May, much more successful (not up to my full strength, but better than 2.5 books).  I managed to get through five books in May.

1. Revenant by Carolyn Haines, you can read my review here.

2. In Cold Blood by Truman Capote, you can read my review here.

3. Red Blooded (Jessica McClain, #4) by Amanda Carlson, you can read my review here.

4. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer, you can read my review here.

5. Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover, you can read my review here.

Red Blooded was easily the best, it was the continuation of a great series and I'd been looking forward to reading it since I finished the previous book Cold Blooded, now I can't wait to read the next in the series Pure Blooded, but that'll be for a monthly post sometime next year.  The worst was also easily chosen, Ugly Love had a pretty horrible male MC who had some really horribly written chapters attributed to him.  I wouldn't recommend that book to anyone, not even fans of Colleen Hoover.

May's a bit of a nothing month weather-wise in Melbourne, not hot and usually not particularly cold so here's a wombat instead of my normal weather-related picture.