sarahf1984

Complete Works of William Shakespeare
William Shakespeare

The Autumn Bride (Chance Sisters, #1) by Anne Gracie

The Autumn Bride - Anne Gracie

16/7 - 3.5 stars. The Autumn Bride is a light and fluffy romantic comedy, it’s not what comes to mind when I think of romance books. I was surprised to find I really enjoyed it because it doesn’t really have much depth or all that much romance. In order; there’s a male fantasy involving whipped cream, a kiss, a naked male chest, and finally another kiss quickly followed by the last chapter where the only sex scene happened. Really, I would compare this to some of the rom com movies that I’ve loved over the years, more focussed on the com than the rom. There were quite a few good laughs, especially during the scene where Lady Bea first discusses the origins of her ‘nieces’. I read this specifically because I started a book further along in the series (I can’t remember the title and with still no internet I can’t check which number) and realised that I needed to read them in order, there was too much history that I was missing by reading them out of order. After reading the first one I would definitely say you need to at least read the first book first, the order of the rest of the books probably doesn’t matter as much but there’s a lot of backstory for the Chance sisters that the future books just won’t have the room to include. As soon as my internet returns I’m putting the next one on hold.