sarahf1984

Complete Works of William Shakespeare
William Shakespeare

Moonlight on Nightingale Way (On Dublin Street, #6) by Samantha Young

Moonlight on Nightingale Way - Samantha Young

25/8 - As soon as I turned the last page I wanted to go back and read it all over again, or failing that get my hands on the previous five books in the series ASAP. No insta-love, tons of character and relationship building (half the book in fact) before there was any hint of romance, and the whole thing is of a decent length. I only have two quibbles with any part of the book - the opening scene with the G-string wasn't funny like I thought it should be (or I assume was meant to be). Instead of being funny it just gave me a bad first impression of Grace. I mean it was only a piece of underwear hanging on a railing, it's not that big of a deal and when you look at her character through the rest of the book her extreme reaction seems out of character for her. A disgusted look and maybe a sneer was all that was warranted by the underwear, the extreme reaction should have been saved for the vomit on the doorstep, that's worth berating your next door neighbour over.

And for what seems like the millionth time I've read a book that's part of a series but isn't the first in the series, in fact it's the bloody last. Often that doesn't matter so much (to a normal reader, it always matters to me) because while the characters may have connections to characters from previous books in the series they often don't play much of a part in later books, that's not the case here. In Moonlight on Nightingale Way it seems like every previous couple (and their subsequent children) makes an appearance (maybe because it's the last book in the series, kind of like a reunion). If I had already read the previous books in the series I'm sure I would have gushed over getting to see how each couple's lives were going since the end of their book, as it was I was mostly overwhelmed by all the couples and their children, there were just so many of them that I kept forgetting who was who and how everyone knew each other. Fortunately the fantastic plot and smoking hot sex overcame a bad first impression and confusion over all the secondary characters. Definitely reading more of this series as soon as I can.