sarahf1984

William Shakespeare

Black Rabbit Hall by Eve Chase

Black Rabbit Hall - Eve Chase

SPOILERS/SPOILERS/SPOILERS/SPOILERS!!

21/9 - I really enjoy this kind of story, where the mystery and the connection between the past and present is slowly revealed as the plot goes back and forth. I loved this as much as Kate Morton's books. The mystery was very skilfully revealed. I had originally picked Amber as Lorna's mother, but when it was revealed that Lorna's birth certificate had Peggy's name on it, the book successfully tricked me into believing what I was being told. I had no inkling that the birth certificate was faked until Caroline admitted the truth. From the description on the back of the book I was expecting a more substantial supernatural theme, or even actual supernatural goings on. Clocks that never tell the correct time and some physiological weirdness going on with Lorna, weren't quite the extent of what I was imagining. The last 50 pages was real heart pounding stuff, literally my heart was racing with a mixture of fear and anticipation at what Amber would find as she searched for Barney. A great debut book. I look forward to seeing what else Chase will write.