sarahf1984

William Shakespeare

Chasing River (Burying Water, #3) by K.A. Tucker

Chasing River - K.A. Tucker

SPOILERS/SPOILERS/SPOILERS/SPOILERS!!!!!

22/9 - A good romance. Not quite a four, but definitely more engaging than a three.

I liked Amber and I liked River. I wasn't so excited about his name, although I thought Amber's father's quips were hilarious and sounded just like something my dad would say (woe betide anyone who's unlucky enough to be named Bob or Ben because Down or Dover will be added to your name with embarrassing frequency). I don't know much about the IRA or Irish history so the little bit of history I got with the romance was very welcome, especially the author's note at the beginning. The sexual tension between Amber and River was fantastic, especially when River found Amber's 'To Do List', but the actual sex scenes were a bit of a letdown and then, after the first scene all the tension between River and Amber seemed to just fizzle out. I was quite disappointed, I had been expecting scorching hot, something resembling Samantha Young's On Dublin Street, but it was more like a light beach read along the lines of Jill Shalvis' Lucky Harbour books. Definitely more angst than Lucky Harbour, but on a similar level in regards to the scorchiness of the sex scenes. Will definitely be looking out for the other books in the series.