sarahf1984

Complete Works of William Shakespeare
William Shakespeare

A Lady by Midnight (Spindle Cove, #3) by Tessa Dare

A Lady by Midnight - Tessa Dare

22/10 - This was quite good. I had a couple of chuckles here and there, but ultimately Thorne's attitude towards his own self-worth was more irritating than the story was good. His incessant refusal to believe that he was good enough for Kate grated on my nerves. I don't like heroes who think they know what's best for the heroines in their lives. If she says she loves him and is willing to overlook whatever it is that he thinks makes him not good enough for her, who is he to disagree? Especially in this particular instance. One of Thorne's main reasons for 'protecting' Kate from himself is that she's being accepted into a 'ton' family who might reject her for bringing scandal down on their name, but he knows that she lived in the dancing house/brothel, he was there with her. So why would him living in the dancing house be anymore scandalous than her living in the same place? To me it just seemed like a weak excuse for a 'hurdle' that Thorne and Kate had to get over before they could find their HEA.