sarahf1984

Complete Works of William Shakespeare
William Shakespeare

The Last Honeytrap (Florence Love, #1) by Louise Lee

The Last Honeytrap - Louise Lee

27/10 - I came to The Last Honeytrap last night after DNFing Operation Black due to its writing and a lack of connection with the characters. I was hoping for a light and fluffy, heart warming romance, that's not quite what I got. Florence Love reminds me of a cross between Bridget Jones and Becky Bloomwood. She follows her horoscope, pays close attention to facial cues and body language, can predict a person's behaviour by reading their hairline (supposedly an old Chinese technique), and follows a set of self-imposed guidelines when it comes to her work as a self-employed 'honeytrap' (err, should I say P.I.). This is light and fluffy but, so far, not romantic or heart warming. Despite my disappointed expectations I'm enjoying it and it's definitely a step up from Condition Black, so this looks like a certain finisher. To be continued...