sarahf1984

Complete Works of William Shakespeare
William Shakespeare

Relentless (Shattered Hearts, #1) by Cassia Leo

Relentless - Cassia Leo

16/11 - Hmm...what to say about Relentless. I picked it up from the library because I recognised Leo's name, with good reason it seems as I have just realised that I got the Kindle edition of the omnibus from Amazon nearly two years ago. Well, I guess that's two books I don't need to add to my library hold list.

This is a series you pretty much have to read in order. I wouldn't say there's a cliff hanger at the end, but if you were to read the second book first there would be a lot of back story that you just wouldn't understand and with the shorter length of these 'full length novels' there's not enough room to go over everything again. You also can't read the plot summaries for any of the subsequent books as they have spoilers for this book (if not others, as well). I accidentally did that while fixing the catalogue record and now I know how the love triangle turns out - not how I imagined, I didn't really think there was a triangle in this book, I thought there was an ended relationship that was still causing pain, and a new one that was going to mend a broken heart.

I didn't love this as much as it seems most of the other readers did. I'm still fighting this new trend of first person romances, I just don't like hearing/reading I and me all the time, so that brought the rating down by at least a star. My other problem was with Adam's drug use, and Claire's tacit acceptance of it considering her history. I have trouble putting myself in other people's shoes, so I can only speak from my own experiences, but I couldn't become invested in someone who has anything to do with drugs (and I'm lucky, no one I know has died as a result of drug use/abuse). I will read at least the next two books in the series on my Kindle, when I get around to it.