sarahf1984

Complete Works of William Shakespeare
William Shakespeare

I'll Be Home for Christmas (Twilight, Texas, #6) by Lori Wilde

I'll Be Home for Christmas - Lori Wilde

16/12 - SO FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A near-perfect romance, a perfect Christmas-themed book, set in a perfect little town that celebrates Christmas to the max. This is easily the best book I've read since October, possibly all year (I can't actually remember a book I loved as much as this, this year, but it couldn't have been read any more recently than October because nothing got above a four in November). 90% of my love for this book is attached to the town of Twilight (LOVE that name), it's hard not to get cravings for a cute, snow-covered little town when Christmas occurs in the middle of some unnecessarily hot summers that set half the bush on fire and break the train tracks.

I did have two complaints:

First, Joe CHEEK?! What kind of dreadful name is that (no offense to any Cheeks out there, but it might as well be Joe Leg or Joe Elbow)?! What's wrong with a nice, simple Anderson or Watson or Peters? If I was Gabi, I'd stick with Preston, otherwise she'll be Gabi Cheek, which sounds like 'gappy teeth', something my grandad used to call me whenever I lost a tooth as a child.

Second, the sex scenes were a bit weird. They started out good, lots of sexual tension, but then Gabi'd start thinking way too much for the situation. And not necessarily about the situation. Then the scene would end with a lot of one word sentences - 'Shoving', 'Thrusting', 'Building', 'Crashing', 'Falling', that kind of thing - and existential, woo-woo crap that just doesn't go with the fantastic sexual tension that had been building through all the earlier pages.

Fortunately my overarching love for Twilight reduced the impact of those two niggles. I love it so much, if I could, I would move there (are there really places in America like this?) I reckon I'd fit right in - I'm a good cook, I can knit, crochet, cross stitch and I enjoy a good book by a roaring fire (at moment I'm not enjoying the roaring air conditioning or the heat radiating onto my lap from my laptop). Will definitely be looking out for more books from this series
!