sarahf1984

Complete Works of William Shakespeare
William Shakespeare

Unexpected Gifts (Castle Mountain Lodge, #1) by Elena Aitken

Unexpected Gifts - Elena Aitken

1/1 - First book of the year and it was a success!! I'm surprised by how much I enjoyed this. If it hadn't ended at 91% it might have even received a five, but thinking I still had 15 minutes of reading left, only to find I had no minutes left kind of annoyed me. The book was too short, but only because I was enjoying the story, not because anything was missing. For a Kindle freebie this was surprisingly well edited, I only picked up on one mistake - a missing space between two words (see authors who say they can't afford to have their books edited? It is possible!).

This is the kind of book that makes me yearn for a white Christmas - the romance of getting snowed in, crackling fires and hot chocolate, ice skating and snowball fights. I guess the grass is always greener - Australians want the beauty of snow and no worries about bushfires, Americans (and others in the Northern Hemisphere) want warmth and no worries about driving in a blizzard.

I will definitely read more from this series, in fact I'm going to see what Amazon has the subsequent books priced at now.

2016 POPSUGAR Reading Challenge - A Book that's Under 150 Pages