sarahf1984

Progress: 100/346 pages
Complete Works of William Shakespeare
William Shakespeare

February 2016: Reading Plans

Piper - Helen McCabe Little Women - Louisa May Alcott, Laura Ciolkowski The Rattle Bag: An Anthology of Poetry (January 1, 1985) - None Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs The Tale of Benjamin Bunny - Beatrix Potter Jamie's America - Jamie Oliver Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance - Barack Obama Robinson Crusoe - Daniel Defoe, John Richetti The Persimmon Tree - Bryce Courtenay Night - Marion Wiesel, Elie Wiesel

Last day of January so it's time to post my plans for February.  I think I was slightly (just slightly) overambitious with how fast I imagined I would read this month.  In my 'plans' post for last month I somehow convinced myself that I would be able to finish 17, or possibly even 18 books, in the month.  I actually only managed ten (may be able to get an eleventh done tonight if I pick the shortest on my list, but we'll see).  Considering that I pledged (to myself) that any books I didn't finish would spill over into my next free month (June), June is looking like a busy and already completely planned month.

I'm pretty sure that if six of that ten hadn't been so full of editing errors I would have had time to read at least one more (it's amazing how fast you can read a book when you don't have to stop every second page to question the writing).  I'm looking forward to a month mostly free of that problem.  I've also had more health problems at this end of the month, which when added up likely held me up for seven days altogether.  I'm praying for a month completely free of that problem.

February: My Library-Free Month (any books that don't get finished will spill over into July)

1. A Book Based on a Fairy Tale - Piper by Helen McCabe, 320 pages (read from Feb 1-3)

2. A YA Bestseller - Little Women (Little Women, #1) by Louisa May Alcott, 500 pages (read from Feb 4-8)

3. A Book of Poetry - The Rattle Bag by Seamus Heaney, 512 pages (read from Feb 9-13)

4. A Book that's Becoming a Movie this Year - Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs, 352 pages (read from Feb 14-17)

5. A Book you Can Finish in a Day - The Tale of Benjamin Bunny by Beatrix Potter, 58 pages (read on Feb 18)

6. A Book Written by a Celebrity - Jamie's America by Jamie Oliver, 359 pages (read from Feb 18-19)

7. A Political Memoir - Dreams from My Father by Barack Obama, 442 pages (read from Feb 20-23)

8. A Book at Least 100 Years Older than You - Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe, 252 pages (read from 24-27)

9. A Book that's More than 600 Pages - The Persimmon Tree (The Persimmon Tree, #1) by Bryce Courtenay, 711 pages (read from Feb 28-highly unlikely I'll finish it in Feb)

And if I can manage any more, here are another ten books that I likely won't get to and will end up spilling over into July:

10. A Book from Oprah's Book Club - Night (Night Trilogy, #1) by Elie Wiesel, 115 pages

11. A Graphic Novel - Flight 714 to Sydney (Tintin, #22) by Herge, 64 pages

12. A Book Written by a Comedian - Fatherhood by Bill Cosby, 178 pages

13. A Classic from the 20th Century - The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, 168 pages

14. An Autobiography - Dear Fatty by Dawn French, 368 pages

15. A Book about a Road Trip - Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne, 252 pages

16. A Satirical Book - Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (Dirk Gently, #1) by Douglas Adams, 247 pages

17. A Book your Mum Loves - Five Smooth Stones by Ann Fairbairn, 756 pages

18. A Book More than 100 Years Old - The Prose Edda by Snorri Sturluson, 224 pages

19. A Book that Came Out the Year you were Born - A Secret Rage by Charlaine Harris, 198 pages

20. The First Book you See in a Bookstore (my home library actually, I don't need to buy any more books) - Thinning the Predators by Daina Graziunas and Jim Starlin, 327 pages