sarahf1984

Complete Works of William Shakespeare
William Shakespeare

The Heat of the Moment (The Boys of Summer, #3) by Katie Rose

The Heat of the Moment - Katie Rose

22/3 - For me this was just okay. I didn't feel a huge amount of connection between Jessica and Gavin and I was expecting it to be a lot more humourous than it was. This seemed like the kind of book that would be full of hilarious snark and when it wasn't I felt let down. That disappointment was my own fault as it was my own preconceptions that made me think it was going to be funny, the lack of funny wasn't the book's fault (it's not like humour was promised in the blurb), but still I can't help how I felt or how it coloured my enjoyment of the book. There was some, but not too much unintelligible baseball talk (all I know about baseball came from playing the game on the original Nintendo back in the early 90s), it certainly wasn't enough to put me off or deter me from reading other books in the series (although the perceived lack of passion in this one may make me think twice about reading another).