sarahf1984

Progress: 100/346 pages
Complete Works of William Shakespeare
William Shakespeare

30 Day Book Challenge: Day 21 - The First Novel You Remember Reading

A Hole In Her Pocket And Other Stories (Popular Rewards 2) - Enid Blyton The Twins at St Clare's - Enid Blyton First Term at Malory Towers  - Enid Blyton The Adventures of the Wishing-Chair - Enid Blyton The Enchanted Wood - Enid Blyton

The first novel I remember reading is an Enid Blyton book called A Hole in Her Pocket and Other Stories.  All I remember about the book is that it was a collection of short stories.  The only story I really remember now was the one from the title, about a lady who had a hole in her pocket, it always made me sad (almost enough to make me want to cry) about the nice old lady who lost her last dime (or penny, or whatever) out a hole in her pocket and so, couldn't buy sweets for the children like she usually did (she didn't have any children, grandchildren or any other family).  At least, I think that was the name of the book - I know it was an Enid Blyton, but looking it up on the official website shows a book with a young girl with a hole in her pocket on the front cover, not an old lady, so I may have the title wrong.  Unfortunately, I seem to have lost my copy in either the last move or it's in a storage box hidden in the family storage shed in the yard (about the size of an extra large storage unit that you see on Storage Wars and shows like that, full half way up the walls with boxes and old gardening implements), otherwise I'd fish it out and check the title and plot.  Most of my first novels were Enid Blyton's, the other books I remember reading at around the same time were her school series, the Wishing Chair pair and The Enchanted Wood.  When I get the time I'm going to re-read all those kids books (that I still love) and write reviews for them.