sarahf1984

Complete Works of William Shakespeare
William Shakespeare

30 Day Book Challenge: Day 27 - The Most Surprising Plot Twist Or Ending

A Game of Thrones - George R.R. Martin

Ok, so obviously I've completely missed the point of the phrase '30 day book challenge', as this is looking like stretching into a 40 or 50 day book challenge.  So, I'm not even going to attempt to get them all finished in the next day or so, I'll just finish the challenge at my own pace, even if that means I'm the last one still putting out '30 day book challenge' posts in December.  I've got so much other transferring-book-data-from-GR-to-BL work to do that I'm not going to stress about whether my '30 day book challenge' ends up being a '1/4 of the year book challenge' (I might be exaggerating a bit there).

Anyway, the most surprising plot twist or ending I can think of...hmmm...

The one that shocked me the most would have to be the beheading of Eddard Stark in A Game of Thrones.  All through his capture, imprisonment, and 'trial' I was sure that someone would rescue him (and hopefully kill Joffrey in one miraculous move), and he would have to live in exile until he could help defeat the Lannisters (except Tyrion, who would change sides and fight against his evil siblings), once and for all.  Then the axe fell and so did my plans for Ned Stark - I was quite disappointed that my plotting didn't coincide with Martin's (it was even more disturbing to see Boromir/Ned lose his head in the show).

P.S. I welcome all comments, but please take note that I've only read the first book.  My dad keeps trying to tell me about all the characters who've been killed off, but other than knowing that in his words "there's almost no one left", I don't know any details.  Please try not to ruin it for me, I will read the rest of them one day (soon hopefully).