sarahf1984

Complete Works of William Shakespeare
William Shakespeare

Perfect Fit (Serendipity's Finest, #1) by Carly Phillips

Perfect Fit - Carly Phillips

1/11 - Perfect Fit was almost a perfect book.  If only Mike's internal monologue hadn't been on a constant loop of "can't make a permanent connection with Cara because I can't stay in one place for long" because that's all he ever seemed to be thinking.  Every time we heard what he was thinking it was some variation on that theme and it got a bit irritating.  I felt like telling Phillips that she didn't need to beat the idea that he doesn't like to be tied down into our brains, a few mentions of it and his actions throughout the book would have been sufficient to make it stick.  In general, I liked the town of Serendipity with it's constant rotation of happily/married-ever-afters.  Almost every character mentioned is part of a couple, and most of those couples are reasonably recently married which makes me think that all these couples had their own book prior to Perfect Fit.  I really want to read more about this town and all its newly married couples and look forward to reading previous and subsequent books in the series.