sarahf1984

Louise Lee
Progress: 100/346 pages
Complete Works of William Shakespeare
William Shakespeare

The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation, Vol II: The Kingdom on the Waves - M.T. Anderson

26/11 - This isn't impressing me as much as the first book.  The language, the exceedingly thick and fake-torn pages, the characters - none of it is drawing me in to the story like the first book.  The novelty seems to have worn off.  The second book is also quite a bit longer than the first and my first thought when I picked it up at the library was "Wow, that's a lot bigger than I expected!"  That sounds dirty, but it's not meant to be and no matter what word I substitute for 'bigger' (still in the same context - longer, fatter, thicker etc) it still sounds dreadful, so I'm not going to bother trying and will put up with the mockery I'm likely to get.  This might be a DNF for, simply because I think the first book could (should) have been a stand alone.  To be continued...

11/12 - This didn't pass the litmus test of being given a second chance to be read while it sat on my bedside table.  I had only a few passing thoughts of picking it up over one of the other books I was currently reading concurrently - that tells me that it hasn't, and probably never will, hold my attention.  I read so little (maybe 20 pages), that I don't feel it's fair to rate it formally, but informally I would give it 2 - 2.5 stars (I've taken the review tag off this post because it seems to be the only way to make my star rating go away).