sarahf1984

Progress: 100/346 pages
Complete Works of William Shakespeare
William Shakespeare

Sarah's 1001 Books to Read before she Dies - Authors beginning with A

Hello all followers, and anyone else who's reading this :)

After reading the book 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die a few years ago I decided to create my own personal list.  The 'official' published one had many books that I found completely uninteresting or would never be able to get my hands on because they were published so long ago that there are no copies available in stores or libraries (I'd have to hunt down private collectors and read their copies, and that's not going to happen).  I've come to the unilateral decision that you're all going to find my list unbelievably interesting and so it must be shared (mwahahaha!).

My list is 59 pages long, so as I'm in such a good mood after my decision to generously share my list, I will post it letter by letter, starting with A and going from there.  I won't be on BL or GR for a while due to tomorrow being the start of the long journey back to Melbourne, so my list will have to keep you all amused while I'm out of contact.  I can't wait to see the comments when I get back, and I fully encourage you to tell me what you think of the list in general, or specific books on it and why they're good or bad, whether they should be on the list and what books I might be missing (have at it, I'm ready for some good discussions).

At the end of each letter's list there are a pair of numbers, one to tell me how many books are in that letter (occasionally, the 1001 has gone over or under the proscribed number, this is the best way I've found of keeping track of how many books are in the entire list as I can add up each letter's total and hopefully come to the overall total of 1001) and one to tell me how many books from that letter I've read.  The books I've read are bolded and so is the corresponding number at the bottom.

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

Things Fall Apart – Chinua Achebe

The Zookeeper’s Wife – Diane Ackerman

The Fall of Troy – Peter Ackroyd

Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency (Dirk Gently, #1) – Douglas Adams

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, #1) – Douglas Adams

Watership Down – Richard Adams

Star Bright – Catherine Anderson

The Commandant – Jessica Anderson

Fever 1793 – Laurie Halse Anderson

Burger Wuss – M. T. Anderson

The Pox Party (The Astonishing Life of Octavia Nothing, Traitor to the Nation, #1) – M. T. Anderson

Into the Storm (Destroyermen, #1)– Taylor Anderson

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) – Ilona Andrews

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (Maya Angelou’s Autobiography, #1) – Maya Angelou

Vinegar Hill – A. Manette Ansay