sarahf1984

Louise Lee
Progress: 100/346 pages
Complete Works of William Shakespeare
William Shakespeare

I'm feeling sad and torn between friends

All this fighting here and at GR is making me feel very depressed and nervous about saying anything to anyone in case it's misconstrued.  The loss of a friend is making me feel even worse.  The fact that a number of my friends have unfriended each other makes me feel a bit like a child in the middle of a pair of divorcing parents.  I still love everyone, but some people are so angry that I don't want to get in the middle of it.  I don't know enough about the situation to pick a side, and even if I did still not sure I would because picking a side sounds like picking one friend over another one, and I'm not going to do that.

So I'm not ignoring anyone, just the situation.  This could be considered hiding my head in the sand, but that's too bad, I refuse to get involved.  I am not here to argue about the honesty of an author over a reviewer (and friend), I'm here to talk about the books that I and others have been reading, find like minded people and have fun.  So that's what I'm going to continue doing.  I finished a book last night and started a new one, so I've got a review to write and a new book to add to my currently reading shelf.  If you are disgusted, disturbed or in any other way upset about my 'ignore the situation till it all calms down' stance, please just delete me.  I really don't want to discuss why my opinion is wrong in your eyes as neither of us is likely to change our mind, and we'll both be even more upset and frustrated after our exchange of words, so lets skip that part altogether, I will understand if you disappear from my friends list.

Alright, I'm off to enjoy writing a review and reading books and ignoring this very upsetting situation.  Have a good night (or a good whatever time of the day it is there), Sarah Frost.