sarahf1984

Progress: 100/346 pages
Complete Works of William Shakespeare
William Shakespeare

I Saw Divergent

Went to the movies to see Divergent today.  I was a little worried about not enjoying it and feeling like the expensive trip to the movies - even on cheap Tuesdays the tickets are $12.50 plus medium popcorn and drink and a choc top equals $19, altogether $31.50 for one person - might be a waste of money.  But, I REALLY loved it.  I thought it was even better than The Hunger Games.  It's given me an even stronger desire to read the books.  Considering the many bad reviews I've half heard (I didn't want to know anything about the plot or how it compared to the book, I haven't read the book so the comparison doesn't really matter) if I had read the book first I don't know whether I would've loved the movie as much as I did, from the reviews it doesn't compare well (which I hope means the book will be 5 stars+).  I'm pretty easy to please, probably easier than with the written word - write a decent 'girl who is special, turns out to be extra-special and can fight, in a dystopian world, with a hint of romance thrown in' and I'm pretty much guaranteed to enjoy it - The Hunger Games, Buffy, The Obernewtyn Series, the Thursday Next Series, Kay Scarpetta, Bones, Twilight (>_>, did I get the slightly embarrassed, shifty eyes right? It's the first time I've attempted to use anything more sophisticated than a smiley face) - alright not all of those titles have all those features, but you get the gist.