sarahf1984

Complete Works of William Shakespeare
William Shakespeare

Go Fetch (Magnus Pack, #2) by Shelly Laurenston

Go Fetch!  - Shelly Laurenston

9/5 - Of the three Magnus Pack books this is definitely the best.  As you can see from the five star rating I really enjoyed it and it only took me three hours to read start to finish - 10 pm to 1 am.  I found Miki to be the most sympathetic of the three girls and the most relatable, for me.  She's a reader with a photographic memory who can pull a complete picture of any book she's ever read and read it straight from her mind.  I don't have a photographic memory as clear as hers, but I can call up images of things I've seen and re-examine them - like maps, peoples names and faces and where I last saw the missing keys.  I also have a very good auditory memory, which is why my job as an audio transcriber is easy for me - I can hear a sentence and replay it in my head as I type without much effort on my part, making me faster at the transcription than most people.

Connall and Miki were a great pair, they had me in stitches for the first half of the book with their antics and Miki's shenanigans - her attempts to annoy Connall so much he'd leave her alone in Seattle are still making me snigger.  If you read Sara's story in the first book and were turned off by how horrible the girls were to each other, that's almost non-existent in Go Fetch.  Sara's moved in with Zach, and Angelina is busy with other things (read the third book to find out exactly what things), so they don't have nearly as much time to make each other's lives hell through their wisecracks and friendly curse-laden quips.