sarahf1984

Complete Works of William Shakespeare
William Shakespeare

Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1) by Christopher Paolini

Eragon - Christopher Paolini

24/09 - Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr - I'm reviewing all three of The Inheritance Cycle books together because most of what I have to say applies to all three equally, so instead of writing three reviews all saying almost the same thing, I decided to combine the reviews together into this one.

I enjoyed the trio despite the clear similarities to another more famous trilogy, Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien.  Paolini uses Elves, Men, Dwarves, and an evil race, the Urgals (instead of Orcs), like Tolkien did.  I think Tolkien did it better, but Paolini's books are not bad.  I am looking forward to reading the final (surprise) book in the series, I'm especially looking forward to the battle with the main bad guy, Galbatorix.  The main thing I don't like about the books is that there are so many chapters - sometimes a chapter is only a page or two long.  My favourite parts are the battles and the mystery behind the Arya romance possibility with Eragon.