sarahf1984

Complete Works of William Shakespeare
William Shakespeare

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) by Charlaine Harris

Dead Until Dark  - Charlaine Harris

21/2 - The only reason I didn't give this five stars is because I didn't think it was long enough and Harris changed tenses a lot, making the reader confused as to whether the events she was talking about were happening in the past or the present.  Although I thought it could be longer I didn't feel that the story was lacking in either  character development or plotting.  I just wish there had been more story - another 100 pages or so.  The transfer from the book to the tv show was great - almost identical tone and feeling.  For the show they added a best friend for Sookie, fleshed out the murder mystery and played the show from many different characters' points of view making exactly the same plot last for 22 episodes.  Each book appears to be equal to one season of the show.