sarahf1984

Complete Works of William Shakespeare
William Shakespeare

His Risk to Take (Line of Duty, #2) by Tessa Bailey

His Risk to Take - Tessa Bailey

1/5 - I read this almost a month ago, but never got around to reviewing it.

3.5 stars. I liked Troy and I liked Ruby, to start with. At the end I felt like she was a bit of a stubborn idiot who refused to acknowledge the danger she was putting herself in when she insisted on 'helping' Troy out on his case. I also felt like the declaration "But Prince Charming disappeared as soon as they made it to the bedroom." made Troy's bedroom behaviour a bigger deal than it actually turned out to be (he didn't seem to be that demanding to me *shrug*). The final scene was the best part of the whole book, I loved the way Ruby screamed down the phone at Troy because she thought he wasn't coming the day when she finally realised what he meant to her. This is a novella, so of course my main complaint with it was that it's too short (although I guess that's actually a compliment because it means I wanted more from the characters, more from the story). I'm glad I've got all the books in the series ready whenever I want to read them because I have to admit they are a bit addictive.