sarahf1984

William Shakespeare

The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan

The Royal We - Heather Cocks, Jessica Morgan

Buddy read with the Unapologetic Romance Readers Group

21/5 - Well, at least they didn't give Nicholas a tragically dead mother in order to resemble Prince William and his mother.

Thanks to the fact that this is an LP edition there are 725 pages in this book, that seems like a lot of pages to cover this story. I hope things pick up because if they don't this is really going to drag. To be continued...

31/5 - Ugh! I've barely given this book any thought since I put it down to read something more interesting last Thursday. I thought putting it down might re-enliven my interest in the story, all it did was confirm that I no longer had any interest in continuing it. There were three main reasons why I had to DNF this: one, I didn't like the writing style (going back and forth between the two time periods of 'waiting to get married' and 'two years ago' got old quickly); two, I didn't feel anything for either of the characters (and I read from other reader's spoilers that they behave atrociously later in the book, so that didn't give me hope) or their supposed romantic connection to each other; and three, I don't agree with the false advertising that this is a 'romance' (no on page sex makes this 'chicklit', IMO). So that's pretty much three strikes and you're out, or better put (for an Australian) a hatrick of badness that equals D.N.F. at page 209.