I read pretty much anything, from fantasy (City of Stairs by Robert Jackson Bennett) to romance (Bared to You by Sylvia Day) to classics (Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad). The only genres I don't read are self-help and comic books/graphic novels.
I've got so much writing to do tonight!! I've got two backlogged reviews from earlier in the month (writing them in the middle of writing this), then I've got this wrap up post and my May reading plans post to write too (and it's already dinner time, so I'm running out of time before I need to get back to finishing Lolita before I return it to the library tomorrow).
I'm pretty happy with this month's reading total and variety. Sure, nearly half the books were romances, but I still managed to tick five more off my 'reread to review' shelf and four from this year's POPSUGAR challenge. I read eleven books this month, you can read my reviews below.
1. Cause of Death (Kay Scarpetta, #7) by Patricia Cornwell, you can read my review here
2. Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracey Chevalier, you can read my review here
3. Protecting What's His (Line of Duty, #1) by Tessa Bailey, you can read my review here
4. All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque, you can read my review here
5. His Risk to Take (Line of Duty, #2) by Tessa Bailey, you can read my review here
6. Picnic at Hanging Rock by Joan Lindsay, you can read my review here
7. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray, you can read my review here
8. Officer Off Limits (Line of Duty, #3) by Tessa Bailey, you can read my review here
9. Fly Away Peter by David Malouf, you can read my review here
10. The Curse of Lord Stanstead (The Order of the M.U.S.E., #1) by Mia Marlowe, you can read my review here
11. The Duchess War (Brothers Sinister, #1) by Courtney Milan, you can read my review here
My Reading Stats for April
At the end of last month I hoped for a higher quantity of reads while keeping the high quality level and I think I achieved that - yes, there were two 2s, but there were also two 5s to balance them out - so I'm happy with my reading for the month. Now let's keep it up for May. Talk to you all later and have a great day.