sarahf1984

Progress: 100/346 pages
Complete Works of William Shakespeare
William Shakespeare

My April Reading

Cause of Death - Patricia Cornwell Girl With a Pearl Earring - Tracy Chevalier Protecting What's His - Tessa Bailey All Quiet on the Western Front - Erich Maria Remarque His Risk to Take - Tessa Bailey Picnic at Hanging Rock - Joan Lindsay Beauty Queens - Libba Bray Officer off Limits - Tessa Bailey Fly Away Peter - David Malouf The Curse of Lord Stanstead - Mia Marlowe

I've got so much writing to do tonight!!  I've got two backlogged reviews from earlier in the month (writing them in the middle of writing this), then I've got this wrap up post and my May reading plans post to write too (and it's already dinner time, so I'm running out of time before I need to get back to finishing Lolita before I return it to the library tomorrow).

I'm pretty happy with this month's reading total and variety.  Sure, nearly half the books were romances, but I still managed to tick five more off my 'reread to review' shelf and four from this year's POPSUGAR challenge.  I read eleven books this month, you can read my reviews below.

1. Cause of Death (Kay Scarpetta, #7) by Patricia Cornwell, you can read my review here

2. Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracey Chevalier, you can read my review here

3. Protecting What's His (Line of Duty, #1) by Tessa Bailey, you can read my review here

4. All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque, you can read my review here

5. His Risk to Take (Line of Duty, #2) by Tessa Bailey, you can read my review here

6. Picnic at Hanging Rock by Joan Lindsay, you can read my review here

7. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray, you can read my review here

8. Officer Off Limits (Line of Duty, #3) by Tessa Bailey, you can read my review here

9. Fly Away Peter by David Malouf, you can read my review here

10. The Curse of Lord Stanstead (The Order of the M.U.S.E., #1) by Mia Marlowe, you can read my review here

11. The Duchess War (Brothers Sinister, #1) by Courtney Milan, you can read my review here

My Reading Stats for April

• 11 books in 30 days, that's an average of 0.36 books per day
  • 2437 page in 30 days, that's an average of 81.23 pages per day and 221.54 per book
  • 11 books with an average rating of 3.63 stars
  • My fastest read was Officer Off Limits, 248 pages overnight, although that technically means it took me from the 15th till the 16th to read it, it was actually only about four or five hours.
  • Once again my best is a choice between two five starrers, this month it has to go to Officer Off Limits because it was also my fastest read and the one with the most laughs.
  • My worst is a toss up between Fly Away Peter and The Curse of Lord Stanstead, and the winner is Lord Stanstead because it was bad in more than one way and not just because I thought it was too waffley (I'm not into waffley, introspective books like Fly Away Peter was, so that's a 'it's me, not you' kind of thing with that book).

At the end of last month I hoped for a higher quantity of reads while keeping the high quality level and I think I achieved that - yes, there were two 2s, but there were also two 5s to balance them out - so I'm happy with my reading for the month.  Now let's keep it up for May.  Talk to you all later and have a great day.